The latest Hybrid 4K Business and Home Security 8 Channel DVR is the perfect upgrade if you still have existing coaxial cables and power sources and even Analog cameras of various kinds like CVI, TVI, AHD, or CVBS. In addition, it works with IP cameras too. Audio processing and Intelligent Detection are also supported, in addition to remote app access and management. Camius Security DVR works with 8 (eight) analog and 4 IP security cameras. It allows the viewing and recording of up to 12 HD (high definition) security cameras. The security 8 (eight) channel DVR supports H.264 and H.265 video and G711a audio compression.
8 Channel DVR works not only with analog but IP cameras
- The 4K Business and Home Security DVR accepts 8 Analog Video Channels (BNC) + 4 Channel IP (over the network)
- Add up to 12 IP channels if no analog video inputs are in use
- Works in various modes as a security DVR or hybrid XVR (allowing to add of not only analog but IP channels to the recorder as a network video recorder)
Security Cameras compatible with Camius 8 Channel Digital Video Recorder
- AUTO (960H, CVI), AHD, TVI Analog security cameras up to 8-Megapixels
- We recommend Camius IP cameras up to 8MP for full features and functionality; 3rd party cameras support may be limited
- Click here for Camius 4K analog camera fully compatible with Camius 4K DVR
DVR Recorder with expandable storage & the latest audio-video compression
It fits one internal SATA 3.5″ Hard drive up to 10TB. The S.M.A.R.T. feature completely evaluates your DVR recorder’s hard drive disk, displaying errors, if any. You can also add network-attached storage (NAS) using the ‘NetHDD’ feature.
Security DVR with 4K Video Output
Camius 4K 8 Channel DVR comes with 3 video outputs to add a monitor/TV for live view
- 1 x HDMI output which supports 4K video 3840×2160
- 1 x VGA output that supports 1080P video (1920×1080)
- 1 x CVBS (or BNC) for Spot-out monitor to call out certain camera
While in ‘Wizard Setup’ mode, choose an output resolution that matches your monitor. The DVR should adjust the output resolution automatically to match the best resolution of your monitor at the system startup.
Please note that some legacy monitors could fail to communicate their acceptable resolution, in which case, please plug the DVR into a newer monitor and change the resolution manually to the lowest setting, then save and plug the older monitor back to see if it’s supported.
Please note that after completing the Start Wizard, you can adjust the Display Output Resolution further using the following Menu Path: Setup – System – General – Output Configuration.
Select the output resolution suitable for your TV/Monitor. 1080P(1920 x 1080) will suit most monitors. If your DVR supports 4K output resolution, you can select either 2K (2560 x 1440) or 4K (3840 x 2160) to take advantage of the higher resolution that your 4K TV provides.
You can also adjust the size & position of the display screen to match your monitor/TV by using the ‘Scale and Offset’ feature; click the tab ‘Setup’, which allows you to:
Scale is to adjust the size of the displayed screen by scale.
X Offset is to move the displayed screen to the left or right.
Y Offset is to move the displayed screen up or down.
Click once or long-press the left button of your mouse on the arrow to adjust the size and position, or you can scroll the supplied USB mouse’s wheel to adjust. Click the right button of your mouse to exit, and click Apply to save your modifications.
Digital Video Recorder (DVR) with audio and alarm inputs and outputs
The 8 Channel DVR has 8 (eight) wired audio inputs and 1 Output (RCA). Also, the recorder comes with 8 wired alarm inputs and one output in addition to the RS485 port.
The 8 Channel DVR supports multiple network protocols, including DHCP, PPPoE, UPNP, RTSP, etc. To access the DVR remotely, you can use a built-in P2P code, which you enable on-demand. You can also use DDNS port forwarding the remote monitoring purpose.
DVR for Security Cameras with Intelligent Video Analysis
Camius security DVR offers Intelligent Detection using innovative analysis. This goes beyond video motion Detection as it allows the user to create zones to detect movement patterns, location, etc. Intelligent Detection will trigger Push notifications in addition to video recording in a particular color and tag. You can add any Camius IP cameras to this DVR with Smart Motion, Intelligent Sound, AI Human & Vehicle Detection, including spotlight PIR cameras with a built-in siren and 2-way audio
4K DVR Security Recorder with a PC/Mac Software and Apps
Monitor your system remotely from anywhere globally using a built-in P2P service or static IP /DDNS with port forwarding. View and control your Camius system with free video management software designed for PC and Mac users and the Camius View phone app for iOS and Android devices.
On how to add the 4K DVR to your smartphone app, click here
- Download Camius 4K security camera system 8 channel DVR specifications from here
- For an 8 Channel DVR with a 3TB hard drive, click here, and for 4TB, click here
- Included power supply 12VDC / 2A (we recommend using Camius DVR’s original power supply for full functionality and safety)
- Dimensions 12 x 9 x 2” / 300 x 227 x 53mm
- Net Weight: 2.5lb (with hard drive) / Gross weight: 4.3lb (with packaging)
- Order model # Camius Trivault4K184R
- Sold without a hard drive or cameras