Camius latest 4K DVR recorder with hard drive of 3 terabytes has improved IP camera recording bandwidth and includes AI detection functions. This 4K 8 Channel DVR, like all other Camius hybrid surveillance recorders, is designed to work with CVBS, AHD, CVI, and TVI cameras over existing coaxial cables and power sources. In addition, it works with HD IP cameras too.
Camius Security DVR accepts up to 8 (eight) analog and 4 IP security cameras. You can view and record up to 12 HD high-definition security cameras. The security 8-channel DVR supports not only H.264 but the latest H.265 video and audio compression.
Why choose the Camius Best Hybrid Security Camera DVR?
- Analog Camera DVR recorders by Camius offer an advanced menu with AI functions and 4K analog cameras recording at 10 frames
- The hybrid digital video recorder accepts 8 Analog Video Channels (BNC) + 4 Channel IP (over the network)
- Analog channels to be converted into IP. You can add up to 12 HD IP cameras to the security DVR recorder if all 8 analog channels are not in use (disabled)
- The DVR’s IP camera recording bandwidth can be increased from 32Mbps to 96Mbps by disabling a single analog channel, increasing bandwidth by 8Mbps.
- Follow this guide on how to add IP cameras to Camius DVR.
- IP channels default 32Mbps bandwidth.
- Works in various modes as a security DVR or hybrid XVR (allowing to add of not only analog but IP channels to the recorder as a network video recorder)
Analog Cameras for Camius 8 Channel DVR
4K DVR works with analog CVBS, AHD, CVI, and TVI cameras up to 8-Megapixels resolution (click here for the analog security cameras).
Camius 2K ad 4K IP cameras installed with this digital video recorder deliver all advanced features such as smart motion intelligent sound, PIR detection with deterrence, and AI functions. Other manufacturers’ cameras’ functions may be limited to basic features.
4K DVR for Security cameras with Expandable Storage & the Latest Audio Video Compression
Camius Business and Home Security DVR fit one internal SATA 3.5,” and even 2.5″ SSD Hard drive up to 10TB. You will see not only the condition of your hard drive but how many hours of recording you have and how much of it has been used.
The S.M.A.R.T. feature evaluates your DVR recorder’s hard drive disk, displaying any errors. You can also add network-attached storage (NAS) using the ‘NetHDD’ feature.
4K HDMI Video Output
Camius 4K 8 Channel DVR comes with 3 video outputs to add a monitor or TV for live viewing.
- 1 x HDMI output which supports 4K video (3840 x 2160)
- 1 x VGA output that supports 1080P video (1920×1080)
- 1 x CVBS (or BNC) for Spot monitor to call out certain cameras (follow this guide for the Spot Monitor settings)
Smart Motion Detection
You can enable Smart Motion Detection to trigger recording video based on sensitivity to movement. Moreover, Camius DVRs allow you to select the target between motion, vehicle, pedestrian, or vehicle & pedestrian. You can set up a motion detection area and select your Camius analog and IP camera recording schedule.
Camius business and home security DVR offers Intelligent Detection using innovative analysis. It goes beyond video motion detection, allowing users to create zones to detect movement patterns, location, etc. Intelligent Detection will trigger push notifications in addition to video recording in a particular color and tag. Camius 4K analog cameras (FB4KAOC) offer Sound Detection, Video Tampering detection in Intelligent mode.
You can easily activate Video Tampering Detection in Intelligent Mode for Camius analog cameras and select the alarm types.
Detection powered with AI Artificial Intelligence
For AI detection, add Camius analog and IP cameras to the Digital Video Recorder. You can select Human & Vehicle, Perimeter Intrusion, or Line Crossing Detection with alarms and customized schedules.
Network and Ports
The DVR recorder supports multiple network protocols, including DHCP, PPPoE, UPNP, RTSP, etc. You can use a built-in P2P code to access the DVR remotely to enable on-demand. You can also use DDNS port forwarding for remote monitoring purposes.
The DVR recorder has 8 wired audio inputs and 1 output (RCA). Also, the recorder comes with 8 wired alarm inputs and one output in addition to the RS485 port.
The Camius DVR surveillance recorders offer a convenient email notifications feature that lets you stay informed about security events. This feature allows you to easily configure and customize your notification settings according to your preferences. Whether it’s motion detection, AI detection, or any other specific event, you can choose to receive email alerts whenever such events occur. Additionally, you can set up a schedule for when you want to receive these notifications. This ensures that you are promptly notified of any important activity captured by your surveillance system, keeping you aware and informed at all times.
Here is a detailed guide on configuring your Camius DVR’s email settings.
A Camius surveillance DVR allows the owner to set up multiple users and specify their permissions and settings. This way, security is enhanced since each user cannot access what the DVR offers. You could, for example, give certain users access to everything while limiting others only to live view, video playback, and PTZ control. Follow this guide on how to add users to the DVR.
DVR software for Windows and Mac & Web Browser Access
Camius security systems go beyond the HDMI monitor and smartphone app. The free DVR software can turn any desktop, laptop, PC, or Mac into a 24/7 surveillance station. Users can monitor live video and audio streams in addition to playback and manage cameras with access to device settings. This software is great for multiple installations as it combines cameras connected to a Camius DVR and individual Camius cameras on one screen.
Camius View App
The Smartphone Security Camera App Camius View offers complete access to your cameras from any location. Click here on how to add your security cameras to the app.
The mobile app is available on iOS and Android App stores and is ready to link to your security cameras. You can use your smartphone security camera App to view and playback any Camius security camera; listen to audio.
- Included power supply 12VDC / 2A (we recommend using Camius DVR’s original power supply for full functionality and safety)
- Dimensions 12 x 9 x 2” / 300 x 227 x 53mm
- Net Weight: 2.5lb (with hard drive) / Gross weight: 4.3lb (with packaging)
- Order model # Trivault4K184R2 3TB HDD
- Sold without cameras
What's in the box:
- 8 Channel DVR 3TB hard drive (model: Trivault4K184R2 3TB HDD)
- Power supply, HDMI cable, Network Cable, USB mouse, Quick setup guide
- Note: Cameras are not included in this offer