Camius Trivault4K184R business and home security DVR is the latest digital video recorder designed to work with CVBS, AHD, CVI, and TVI analog surveillance cameras over existing coaxial cables and power sources. In addition, it works with HD IP cameras too. Audio processing and Intelligent Sound Detection are also supported as remote app access and management. Camius Security DVR accepts up to 8 (eight) analog and 4 IP security cameras. You can view and record up to 12 HD high-definition security cameras. The security 8-channel DVR supports not only H.264 but the latest H.265 video and also audio compression.
The Best Business and Home Security DVR
- The hybrid digital video recorder accepts 8 Analog Video Channels (BNC) + 4 Channel IP (over the network)
- If you wish to switch to only IP cameras in the future, Camius DVR digital video recorder will take up to 12 IP video channels
- Works in various modes as a security DVR or hybrid XVR (allowing to add not only analog but IP channels to the recorder as a network video recorder)
Cameras compatible with Camius Digital Video Recorder
- AUTO (960H, CVI), AHD, TVI Analog security cameras up to 8-Megapixels (click here for the analog security cameras to purchase)
- We recommend Camius IP cameras up to 8MP for full features and functionality; 3rd party camera support may be limited.
4K DVR for Security cameras with Expandable Storage & the Latest Audio Video Compression
Camius Business and Home Security DVR fit one internal SATA 3.5″ and even 2.5″ SSD Hard drive up to 8 or 10TB. The SMART feature evaluates your DVR recorder’s hard drive disk, displaying any errors. You can also add network-attached storage (NAS) using the ‘NetHDD’ feature.
8 Channel DVR with a 4K HDMI Video Output
Camius 4K 8 Channel DVR comes with 3 video outputs to add a monitor/TV for live view
- 1 x HDMI output which supports 4K video 3840×2160
- 1 x VGA output that supports 1080P video (1920×1080)
- 1 x CVBS (or BNC) for Spot-out monitor to call out certain camera
While you are in ‘Wizard Setup’ mode, choose an output resolution that matches your monitor. The DVR should adjust the output resolution automatically to match the best resolution of your monitor at the system startup.
Please note that some legacy monitors could fail to communicate their acceptable resolution, in which case, please plug the DVR into a newer monitor and change the resolution manually to the lowest setting, then save and plug the older monitor back to see if it’s supported.
Please note that after completing the Start Wizard, you can adjust the Display Output Resolution further using the following Menu Path: Setup – System – General – Output Configuration.
Select the output resolution suitable for your TV/Monitor. 1080P(1920 x 1080) will suit most monitors. If your DVR supports 4K output resolution, you can select either 2K (2560 x 1440) or 4K (3840 x 2160) to take advantage of the higher resolution that your 4K TV provides.
You can also adjust the size & position of the display screen to match your monitor/TV by using the ‘Scale and Offset’ feature; click the tab ‘Setup’, which allows you to:
Scale is to adjust the size of the displayed screen by scale.
X Offset is to move the displayed screen to the left or right.
Y Offset is to move the displayed screen up or down.
Click once or long-press the left button of your mouse on the arrow to adjust the size and position, or you can scroll the supplied USB mouse’s wheel to adjust. Click the right button of your mouse to exit, and click Apply to save your modifications.
The DVR recorder has 8 (eight) wired audio inputs and 1 Output (RCA). Also, the recorder comes with eight wired alarm inputs and one output in addition to the RS485 port.
The DVR recorder supports multiple network protocols, including DHCP, PPPoE, UPNP, RTSP, etc. To access the DVR remotely, you can use a built-in P2P code to enable on-demand. You can also use DDNS port forwarding the remote monitoring purpose.
4K Security Camera DVR with Intelligent Video Analysis
Camius business and home security DVR offers Intelligent Detection using innovative analysis. It goes beyond video motion Detection as it allows the user to create zones to detect movement patterns, location, etc. Intelligent Detection will trigger Push notifications in addition to video recording in a particular color and tag. Intelligent Detection includes Perimeter Intrusion, Line Crossing, and Stationary Object Detection, which works with only Camius 5 and 8-megapixel Analog Cameras); Pedestrian Detection, Cross Counting, and Occlusion Detection apply with specific Camius Intelligent IP cameras (BoltVM5, GuardMA, SPOT8S, SPOT8R, Spot828A-R, Scout20PTZ, IRIS8R. Sound Detection works with all Camius IP cameras, including BoltX5PA, BoltX5R, IRIS5R, Iris528A, IRIS528R).
Software and Apps
Monitor your system remotely from anywhere globally using a built-in P2P (peer-to-peer) service or static IP / DDNS with port forwarding. View and control your Camius system with a free video management software designed for PC and Mac users and the Camius View phone app for iOS and Android devices
On how to add the 4K DVR to your smartphone app, click here
Camius DVR recorder’s specifications:
- Click here for the 8 Chanel business/home security DVR’ technical specifications
- Included power supply 12VDC / 2A (we recommend using Camius DVR’s original power supply for full functionality and safety)
- Dimensions 12 x 9 x 2” / 300 x 227 x 53mm
- Net Weight: 2.5lb (with hard drive) / Gross weight: 4.3lb (with packaging)
- Order model # Camius Trivault4K184R 4TB HDD
- Sold without cameras