Camius Professional 4K 16 Channel DVR (digital video recorder) is designed for advanced business applications to view and record up to 24 HD security cameras at a high bitrate. Besides supporting 16 analog surveillance cameras over coax, you can add up to 8 HD IP cameras. Thanks to the high bandwidth and 4K capabilities, this surveillance DVR performs as the best hybrid surveillance camera system for any business. Furthermore, you can access this advanced DVR remotely from anywhere in the world using a browser, PC or Mac compatible video management software, or Camius View (Smartphone app).
Hybrid Professional 4K DVR
You can add up to 16 analog CCTV cameras to this 4K DVR.
You can add up to 24 Camius IP cameras over the network if you do not use any analog cameras.
CCTV Cameras compatible with 4K 16 Channel DVR
- 4K Professional Security DVR works not only with old low-resolution CVBS cameras but with the latest Hight definition analog AHD, CVI, and TVI cameras up to 8MP
- Camius IP cameras (network cameras) are recommended for full functionality; 3rd party devices support may be limited
- You can switch between XVR and DVR modes. In XVR mode, you can add IP cameras to your system.
Security DVR 16 Channel with Upgradable Storage
The 4K Professional Security DVR for security cameras fits two internal SATA hard drives with up to 10TB each. In addition, the 4K DVR has an e-SATA port for an external hard drive maximum capacity of 10TB.
The S.M.A.R.T. feature thoroughly evaluates your DVR recorder’s hard drive disk, displaying any errors. But, of course, an intelligent security camera system isn’t complete without reliable storage; Camius DVRs offer a dedicated section with details about the health of installed hard drives. The process is named SMART, which is short for Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology. The advantage of this technology running in the background and on-demand is that the user can stay up to date on the hard drive’s health.
4K Live View
Camius 4K 16 Channel DVR comes with 3 video outputs to add a monitor/TV for live view
- 1 x HDMI output which supports 4K video 3840×2160
- 1 x VGA output that supports 1080P video (1920×1080)
- 1 x CVBS (or BNC) for Spot-out monitor to call out certain camera
While in ‘Wizard Setup’ mode, choose an output resolution that matches your monitor. The DVR should adjust the output resolution automatically to match the best resolution of your monitor at the system startup.
Please note that some legacy monitors could fail to communicate their acceptable resolution. In this case, please plug the DVR into a newer monitor and change the resolution manually to the lowest setting, then save and plug the older monitor back to see if it’s supported.
Please note that after completing the Start Wizard, you can adjust the Display Output Resolution further using the following Menu Path: Setup – System – General – Output Configuration.
- Select the output resolution suitable for your TV/Monitor. 1080P(1920 x 1080) will suit most monitors. If your DVR supports 4K output resolution, you can select either 2K (2560 x 1440) or 4K (3840 x 2160) to take advantage of the higher resolution that your 4K TV provides.
You can also adjust the size & position of the display screen to match your monitor/TV by using the ‘Scale and Offset’ feature; click the tab ‘Setup,’ which allows you to:
- Scale is to adjust the size of the displayed screen by scale.
- X Offset is to move the displayed screen to the left or right.
- Y Offset is to move the displayed screen up or down.
Click once or long-press the left button of your mouse on the arrow to adjust the size and position, or you can scroll the supplied USB mouse’s wheel to adjust. Click the right button of your mouse to exit, and click Apply to save your modifications.
- RS485 for adding a Pan Tilt Zoom camera (PTZ)
- LAN port (100/1000M）
- Audio 16 inputs, one output
- Alarm I/O with 16 inputs, one output
Professional Security DVR with 4K Recording
The security DVR supports the recording of analog channels with 4K (8MP) with 10 frames per second (fps) and IP at 1 to 30 fps (depending on the IP camera capabilities, e.g., SPOT828A-R IP camera). Moreover, you can control even audio settings.
This 4K CCTV Recorder 16 channels system allows customized recording. Make sure to set the Recording Schedule by selecting the type of recording mode you need:
- Green is for Normal
- Yellow is for Motion
- IO is for Alarm input, output
- Purple is for PIR (applicable to Camius PIR cameras).
Save and copy to other channels if required.
Camius’s latest 4K DVR support audio recording. When you install Camius’s latest 4K analog camera [FB4KAOC], which comes with a built-in microphone, select ‘Coaxial Audio‘ under ‘General – Audio Input Type‘ and enable ‘Audio.’ Under the DVR’s ‘Record – Encode – Mainstream.’ Note, To use the audio feature with the camera, you’d need a special Camius audio video power coaxial cable (click here for more details)
Besides recording 4K video synchronized with audio, you can control camera audio settings within the DVR
Using the DVR’s capture feature, you can produce a Time-Lapse recording when a Camius DVR feature stores an image every set duration that will produce a Time-Lapse video when combined into a video file. Time-Lapse can be used for various purposes like construction, nature, or seasonal change. This function supports 1080p video resolution (1920×1080)
You can set time-lapse recording using ‘Capture Schedule.’ The schedule can be Normal (continuous 24/7), triggered with motion detection, IO (alarm input and output), or PIR detection (applicable to cameras with a built-in PIR sensor, such as Camius Spot828A-R)
- Playback search with Date/Time, Event List, Smart Search
- Privacy Zone set up
- Users Management (Multiple users with authority levels)
- Logs Management
- Motion Detection triggers Buzzer up to 60 sec / Post-Recording / Show Message / Send Email / FTP Picture Upload / FTP Video Upload / Picture upload to Cloud (Dropbox or Google Drive)
- Push Notification / E-mail alerts to 3 receivers
- System Auto-reboot
- Restore to default settings
- Upload pictures/videos to Cloud (Dropbox / Google Drive). The DVR saves recorded files in MP4, AVI, and RF format.
- Set the menu timeout or turn it off completely
- Remote access using a browser. You can adjust the web session timeout following the DVR’s menu path: Setup – System – General – Web Session Timeout.
Intelligent Video Analysis
This DVR for security cameras offers Intelligent Detection using AI analysis. This goes beyond video motion detection as it allows the user to create zones for detecting movement patterns, location, etc. Intelligent & AI Detection will trigger Push notifications in addition to video recording in a unique color and tag. In AI mode, you can apply one of the functions for each camera. Note that AI features are in the Beta version.
Tamper Detection (Video Tampering)
Video Tamper Detection is required in installations exposed to possible tampering or vandalism. This feature detects a sudden moving object in front of the lens; this indicates that someone is tampering with the camera up close. When Tampering is detected, a notification is sent to the user, and the Camius DVR will tag the recording with a date and time stamp. Camius analog cameras and specific IP cameras support this function.
Free DVR software for Windows and Mac
Camius security systems go beyond the HDMI monitor and smartphone app. The free DVR software can turn any desktop, laptop, PC, or Mac into a 24/7 surveillance station. Users can monitor live video and audio streams in addition to playback and manage cameras with access to device settings. This software is excellent for multiple installations as it combines cameras connected to a Camius DVR and individual Camius cameras on one screen. In addition, the software can display Up to 128 cameras on the same screen and manage multiple devices from different locations.
Camius View App
The Smartphone Security Camera App Camius View offers complete access to your cameras from any location. Click here on how to add your security cameras to the app.
The mobile app is available on iOS and Android App stores and is ready to link to your security cameras. You can use your smartphone security camera App to view and playback any Camius security camera; listen to audio.
- Power supply 12VDC/5A 60W (Input 100-240V 1.5A Max. 50/60Hz) (using Camius DVR’s original power supply is recommended)
- Dimensions 15″ x 13″ x 2″
- Net 5.4lb (without HDD) / Gross weight 7.42lb (with packaging)
- Order model # Camius Trivault4K2168R (without a hard drive)
- Click here for the DVR specifications
- 16 Channel DVR (model: Trivault4K2168R)
- HDMI cable, Network Cable, Audio Cable, USB mouse, Quick setup guide, screws for the security digital video recorder’s chassis, and internal hard drive installation.
- Note: Hard Drive(s) or cameras are not included with this offer