On the first run, the app will require network access and other permissions; once authorized, the app will start a tutorial highlighting the add button.
To get to the add device button later, Tap on the top left menu icon and then on Devices to open the Device Manager page.
- Tap on the main menu icon
- Tap on the Devices icon to open the Device Manager page, and tap on the Plus icon ‘+’ to add a new device.
- Choose NVR/DVR/IPCAM and then select one of 3 ways to add a device to the app using a Search Local Network (option 1), QR Code Scan (option 2), or Add manually (option 3)
Option 1 - adding a Camius security device using Search Local Network
Ensure your iPhone, iPad, Android smartphone, or tablet is connected to the same local Wi-Fi network as the Camius NVR, DVR, or IP camera device.
- Click Devices to enter the Device Manager menu. Click on + sign >> NVR/DVR/IPCAM >> click on Search Local Network button
- It will find your Camius Device and enter the Device password you set earlier.
- In the Media Port, make sure to enter the correct port number. Port 80 for R-series recorders (IPVAULT1128PR, IPVAULT2256PR, IPVAULT8256R, TRIVUALT4K184R, TRIVAULT4K184R2, TRIVAULT2168R, TRIVAULT4K2168R) and IP cameras (SPOT828A-R, BOLTX536R, IRIS528R, SPOT8R, IRIS5R, BOLTX5R) and Port 9000 for non-R-series IP cameras, DVR, and NVR recorders.
Option 2 - adding a Camius security device using QR scan code (Recommended)
- Click Devices to enter the Device Manager menu. Click on + sign >> NVR/DVR/IPCAM and point your smartphone’s camera to it while the QR code scanner is active and snaps. To check if your NVR, DVR, or IP camera is online, disconnect your phone’s Wi-Fi briefly and let the app reload
- On the device page, enter the password you set earlier and save. The App will confirm once connected.
- You can also add your Camius device manually (Option 3) by entering the P2P ID or IP address (P2P ID is recommended)
- On the main App View page, tap on a device to view its channels, double-tap on a channel to zoom in, and return to multi-view again.
- You can zoom in on a single channel with the spread gesture and zoom out by pinching.
- Switching to landscape mode on your smartphone or tablet gives you a full-screen view.
- Tap the icon to launch playback, then tap the calendar icon to pick a day with recordings.
- Scroll the bottom colored bar horizontally to pick the time of day for playback, the icon saves a snapshot, and the icon records on demand into your smartphone or tablet’s storage.