Hybrid 4K 8 Channel Security DVR is the perfect upgrade if you still have existing coaxial cables and power sources and even Analog cameras of various kinds like CVI, TVI, AHD, or CVBS. In addition, it works with IP cameras too. Audio processing and Intelligent Detection are also supported, in addition to remote App access and management. Camius Security DVR works with 8 analog and 4 IP security cameras. It allows viewing and recording up to 12 HD security cameras in total.
- The 4K DVR accepts 8 Analog Video Channels (BNC) + 4 Channel IP (over the network)
- Add up to 12 IP channels if no analog video inputs are in use
- Works in various modes as a security DVR/ IP camera NVR/ hybrid XVR
Compatible Security Cameras
- Old CVBS and latest Resolution AHD, CVI, TVI Analog security cameras up to 8-Megapixels
- Camius IP cameras up to 8MP are recommended; 3rd party devices support may be limited
Security DVR Storage
A smart security camera system isn’t complete without reliable storage, Camius DVR recorders offer a dedicated section with details about the health of installed hard drives. The process is named SMART, which is short for Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology. The advantage of this technology running in the background and on-demand is that the user can stay up to date on the hard drive’s health.
H.265 Video Codec
Video compression is an important factor when choosing a security system, it determines video clarity, hard disk usage, and network bandwidth. Camius security systems support H.265 which is considered the best video compression standard to optimize all three areas. The video quality of an H.265 stream is higher than that of an H.264 with the same settings. Using H.265 reduces the file size as well which means less bandwidth is required to transfer a higher quality stream. The reduced file size means a longer recording duration on the hard disk.
Network and Ports
- Camius 8 Channel DVR comes with 1 x VGA, 1 x HDMI display video output (1024*768,1280*720,1280*1024,1440*900,1920*1080 (1080P), 2560*1440 (2K), 3840*2160 (4K)
- Camius 4K 8 Channel DVR comes with an additional programmable Spot monitor output as well. It can be activated on its CVBS (BNC) port that display a customized screen with specific cameras in static or sequence modes
- 8 Wired Audio Inputs and 1 Output (RCA)
- Sensor & 8 Wired Alarm Inputs and output
- RS485 for adding a Pan Tilt Zoom cameras (PTZ), supported protocols: Pelco_D / Pelco-P / COAX1 / COAX2
- Supported network protocols: DHCP, PPPoE, DDNS, UPnP, P2P, Static IP, RTSP, FTP
- RJ-45 port (100/1000M）
Video Resolution & Playback
- The 4K security camera system XVR allows recording and display analog and IP cameras up to 8MP resolution
- 8 Channels Synchronized Playback (via the web: max 4 channels)
- Recordings Mode Options (Continuous, Manual, Schedule, Triggered by Sound, Motion detection)
- Playback search with Date & Time, Event List, Smart Search
- Privacy Zone set up
- Users Management (Multiple users with authority levels)
- Logs Management
- E-mail alerts
- System Auto-reboot
- Restore to default settings
- Save snapshots to an FTP folder / Cloud (Dropbox)
- Backup footage/Upgrade firmware using a high-speed USB3.0, control your DVR using a USB mouse
Intelligent Video Analysis
Camius security DVR offers Intelligent Detection using smart analysis. This goes beyond video motion detection as it allows the user to create zones for detecting patterns of movement, location, etc. Intelligent Detection will trigger Push notifications in addition to video recording in a special color and tag. Intelligent Detection includes Perimeter Intrusion, Line Crossing, Stationary Object Detection which works with only to Camius 5 and 8-megapixel Analog Cameras); Pedestrian Detection, Cross Counting, Occlusion Detection apply in use with certain Camius Intelligent IP cameras. Among those are the latest BoltVM5, GuardMA, Spot828A, Scout20PTZ, Iris8, BoltX8. Sound detection works with 5 Megapixel PoE cameras (BoltX5PA, Iris528A).
Software and Apps
Camius security systems go beyond the HDMI monitor and smartphone app. The free NVR software can turn any desktop, laptop, PC, or Mac into a 24/7 surveillance station. Users can monitor live video and audio streams in addition to playback and manage cameras with access to device settings. This software is great for multiple installations as it can combine cameras connected to a Camius DVR or NVR in addition to individual Camius cameras on one screen. The software can display Up to 128 cameras on the same screen and manage multiple devices from different locations.
Camius View App
The Smartphone Security Camera App Camius View offers full access to your cameras from any location. The mobile app is available on iOS and Android App stores and is ready to link into your security cameras out of the box. You can use your smartphone security camera App to view and playback any Camius security camera; 2-way audio is available for supported cameras, which allows the user to press and talk in addition to listening to audio. You can even activate the spotlight and siren for supported cameras remotely to deter threats.
- Included power supply 12VDC / 2A (we recommend using Camius DVR’s original power supply for full functionality and safety)
- Dimensions 12 x 9 x 2” / 300 x 227 x 53mm
- Net Weight: 2.5lb (with hard drive) / Gross weight: 4.3lb (with packaging)
- Order model # Camius Trivault4K184 3TB HDD
- Download Camius 4K security camera system 8 channel recorder’s specification sheet here