How to back up recorded footage on the NVR or DVR?
Click on the playback icon on the bottom menu bar.
- On the Date dropdown menu, a red underline indicates days with recordings.
- Filter the type of event, stream, and select playback channels.
- The 24-hour timeline will populate continuous recordings as green blocks and other event types in different colors. Clicking on the timeline jumps playback to the selected time.
Backing up requires a USB thumb drive.
- On the playback search page, click on the events tab, select the date, type, and channels, then click the search button.
- Next, select one or multiple event thumbnails, click the Backup button at the bottom, choose .MP4 (recommended), then click Save, select a folder on the thumb drive, and click OK.
USB ports are on the front and rear panels of the DVR and NVR recorders. Below is an example of the 8 channel DVR.
Video Player Software
- This lightweight software is used for playing video/audio files backed up from your recorder on your PC or Mac.
- The user can back up footage from the recorder in MP4 or Camius proprietary format.
- Using Video Player, the user can take clear screenshots, trim the important parts of the video file and play multiple files simultaneously.