Collection of your Personal Information
To better provide you with products and services offered on our Site, Camius may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
- First and Last Name
- Mailing Address
- E-mail Address
- Phone Number
If you purchase Camius’s products and services, we collect billing and credit card information. This information is used to complete the purchase transaction.
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information when you elect to use certain products or services available on the site.
These may include:
- registering for an account on our site,
- Entering sweepstakes or contest sponsored by one of our partners or us,
- Signing up for special offers from selected third parties,
- Sending us an e-mail message,
- Submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services on our site.
To which, we will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you concerning services and (or) products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
Camius collects and uses your personal information to operate its website(s) and deliver the requested services.
Camius may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from Camius and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
Camius does not sell, rent, or lease its customer lists to third parties.
Camius may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you e-mail or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange deliveries. All third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Camius, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your data.
Camius may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Camius or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Camius; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Camius, or the public.
Tracking User Behavior
Camius may keep track of the website and page users within the Camius site to determine what Camius services are the most popular. That data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within Camius to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
Automatically Collected Information
Camius may automatically collect information about your computer hardware and software. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, and referral website addresses. This information is used for the service’s operation, maintaining the service’s quality, and providing general statistics regarding the use of the Camius website.
The Camius website may use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies do not run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Camius pages or register with Camius site or services, a cookie helps Camius recall your detailed information on subsequent visits. It simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Camius website, you can easily retrieve the information you previously provided, so you can easily use the Camius features you customized.
You can accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not fully experience the interactive features of the Camius services or websites you visit.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
Camius secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Camius uses the following methods for this purpose:
- SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alter your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any information and data exchanged between you and us through this site can not be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
- Delete your personal information from our records, and
- Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records. Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted following federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
- Otherwise, use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
Camius does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, Camius may contact you via e-mail to provide announcements, product updates, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and(or) other general communication.
Suppose you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via e-mail from Camius. In that case, you may opt-out of such communications by replying to our e-mail with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.
About the Camius camera system password & P2P connection
We urge customers to change their camera passwords immediately after the device is installed. The client is prompted and responsible for keeping a secure password and not sharing it with untrusted individuals, just like they treat bank passwords.
Camius devices support a P2P (Point to Point) connection, allowing customers to access their devices remotely. P2P service is available for the customers’ convenience only and used at their own risk. Besides, P2P users can purchase a Web-host address through DDNS.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third-party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Changes to this Statement
Camius welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Camius has not adhered to this statement, please contact Camius using the following form
Effective as of June 30, 2020