I forgot my NVR, DVR password. How to reset it?
There are two ways to reset your Camius NVR or DVR password which are described below.
OPTION 1 - applicable to Camius DVR or NVR recorders with a reset button
If your recorder has a reset button, press and hold it for 10 seconds; you will hear an audible confirmation. This will reset all settings, including the password, but not erase recorded footage on your hard drive.
- Pictures 1, 2, and 3 represent IPvault network video recorders.
- Pictures 4 and 5 show the reset button for Camius Hybrid DVR recorders.
OPTION 2 - applicable to Camius DVR or NVR recorders without a reset button
If your DVR digital video recorder or NVR network video recorder doesn’t have a reset button, please follow the below steps to receive a temporary password that is Mac ID and Date sensitive.
This applies to IPVAULT160P, IPVAULT1128P, IPVAULT2320P8N, IPVAULT2320P16N, IPVAULT82320-N, TRIVAULT184, TRIVAULT4K184, TRIVAULT4K2168
a) Have your recorder connected to a monitor via HDMI or VGA output.
- Click the (i) information icon at the bottom right of your DVR or NVR recorder’s interface for the Mac ID, as shown in the following picture 7. You don’t need the recorder to be unlocked for this.
- The Date is also displayed as shown in picture 7
2) Once you have your device Mac ID and current date, submit a support request here, select the subject as ‘Lost Password,’ and include the model number, Mac ID (xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx), and Date (MM/DD/YYYY) on your device. Make sure to use the correct email address.
If you didn’t register your Camius device, we recommend you do it (click here); that will speed up the support request.