If your security camera system is old or otherwise outdated, then you should definitely think about upgrading your security cameras and recording system with modern solutions. Upgrading your security system is essential, whether the system is for residential or business purposes. The following guide will help you understand why you need to upgrade your outdated security camera and recording system along with the best options for upgrading your system.
Why You Need to Upgrade Outdated Security Camera Systems
Why is it so important to upgrade your security system? The following are the most significant reasons why you need to upgrade your security camera and overall system as soon as possible.
- Digital is replacing analog security system: while some systems still use analog, analog systems are no longer as common due to advances in digital technology such as IP camera systems. Digital IP camera systems have benefits such as being more cost effective, having higher data retention rates, and so on. Older analog systems are beginning to reach the end of their technology life and will likely be obsolete within the next decade.
- IP camera systems a more stable end-result: when compared to previous old security system cameras, IP camera systems provide a much higher-end video result. This is due to features available in new security camera products, such as more advanced zoom options, automatic image stabilizing and more. When it comes to providing security footage, you definitely want to ensure that your surveillance system is securing the highest end result possible.
- IP camera systems are modern technology: a modern technology solution comes with the unique ability to connect to other types of modern technology. Many modern IP camera solutions can be integrated with other platforms, allowing you greater control over the system and a range of other useful options.
IP Camera Solutions
When you’re ready to upgrade your security system and leave behind your outdated technology, you will want to consider what features or specifications meet your needs. The following are some popular IP camera solutions that you should consider.
- Security Features: Do you need any additional security features aside from camera monitoring? Some surveillance audio video products, like the PoE Spotlight Security Camera, offer broad features that include: 2-way audio capabilities, motion sensors, built-in microphone, speaker and even siren options, motion activated bright spotlights; wide angle lens for better coverage; color-based night vision; intrusion detection based on perimeter guidelines; and weatherproofing.
- Wiring: PoE IP camera requires a single network wire to run power, video and even audio. Such simple wiring makes the whole installation hassle-free and straightforward.
- Connectivity: You will also want to consider how easy it is to connect your new security camera to various security systems. The Camius PoE camera, for instance, comes with a unique “plug and play” connection which allows for quick, simple connections to the accompanying hybrid digital and network video recorder.
- Apps and Portability: Camius security camera system options come with the Camius View app (Camius View (iOS) & Camius View (Android)), which provides access to all of your surveillance cameras directly on your smartphone. If you purchase IP security cameras with 2-way audio, that feature is also accessible through your smartphone app; you can even navigate features such as spotlights and a siren from the app. You can set up your security system push notifications based on video loss, detection, storage error.
If your security system is outdated, make sure to upgrade to a newer security camera system as soon as possible. Feel free contacting Camius if you need help to select the right camera solution for your needs