How to access IP camera?
Camius offers 3 methods of IP camera connection.
You can power Camius IP camera be powered in one of three methods:
- (Mode 1) Connecting it into the PoE port on your Camius NVR (Recommended).
- (Mode 2) By connecting it to a PoE switch or a PoE injector on your network
- (Mode 3) Using a 12VDC 1-2A power supply
To verify that your IP camera is powered up:
- Physical check: The Infrared LEDs around the lens illuminate faint red light in the dark while the camera is on.
- Search Using the Device Config Tool on your PC or Mac.
- Search Using the VMS Software on your PC or Mac.
- Search using the Camius View App on your smartphone or tablet.
For direct access to your IP Camera configuration, ensure the camera is powered using Mode 2.
If a PoE switch or a PoE injector is not used, you can power the camera using Mode 3:
Plug a UL-listed 12VDC-2AMP power supply into the DC plug on the camera wire, and make sure the
ethernet cable is used between the IP camera and the router or a switch on your local network.
While Mode 1 (direct connection to the PoE on your NVR) will list the camera under the NVR interface, camera management can only be done on the NVR.
To configure audio on your Camius IP camera, make sure your IP camera is connected using Mode 2 or 3; navigate to Setup / Device / Audio for audio settings.