This just-released Camius security system bundle with four 4K analog security cameras, 4K 8 Channel DVR, and a pre-installed 3TB hard drive is an excellent value upgrade for your old CCTV system with coaxial wiring. Of course, you need to replace cameras and a DVR recorder, and you get the latest technology with ultra HD video and remote access from your handheld device.
An expandable hybrid DVR security system:
You can add up to 8 Camius 4K analog cameras over coax and 4 IP digital cameras over the network using network cables such as Cat5E, Cat6, etc
4K live view and recording
The security system comes with preinstalled 3TB hard drive and starts recording immediately after setup. You can upgrade the hard drive to 10TB. Note the DVR recorder fits only 1 internal 3.5″ SATA or 2.5″ SSD hard drive disk.
You can record 24/7 or set up your schedule and select if you want the recording to be triggered by motion detection. A 24/7 normal recording schedule (in green) is enabled by default. You can enable PIR detection triggered recording when you add 4K spotlight security cameras to your system. You can check for more IP cameras to add to this system here.
Save storage space with the latest H.265 compression.
Video compression is essential when choosing a security system; it determines video clarity, hard disk usage, and network bandwidth. Camius DVRs support H.265, considered the best video compression standard to optimize all three areas. The video quality of an H.265 stream is higher than that of an H.264 with the same settings. Using H.265 reduces the file size, requiring less bandwidth to transfer a higher quality stream. The reduced file size means a longer recording duration on the hard disk.
Indoor and outdoor camera Installation
The rigid metal IP66-rated casing keeps security cameras safe and reliable. Bullet cameras are easy to install. Mainly they are installed on the wall. The bullet camera tip on the casing protects the cameras from the weather (water, dust) and glare, making them perfect for outdoor use. Usually, a bullet camera is installed on the wall outdoors. If you are installing it indoors (e.g., in the corridor), it is best to mount it on the ceiling. The bullet camera’s handle (or bracket) rotates and swivels, allowing you to change your angle easily.
Camius FB4KAOC analog security cameras have a fixed 3.6 mm lens delivering 91 degrees coverage, allowing the camera to capture fine details footage. On the other hand, bullet cameras with extended range are more suitable for viewing open areas like backyards, parking lots, and large warehouses but narrow spaces such as door entrances, stairways, etc.
Advanced features you get with upgrading your old system to Camius:
- You can record to your cloud service (Dropbox or Google Drive).
- Camius 4K Security DVR offers Intelligent Detection and Analysis with Camius 4K analog and IP PoE cameras!
- The DVR supports various recording modes, continuous and triggered by motion detection or scheduled-based.
- Users can use the Smart search feature to look for specific footage using date, time, and other criteria.
- Widely used not just for home monitoring but as a camera system for business, thanks to the Users Management feature. With the latest update, you can add up to 30 users to your system. In addition, the security system administrator can give multiple users different authority levels, allowing and blocking access to certain features.
- You can view your system live in 4K resolution on a 4K video monitor connected to the DVR. But the system will also work with lower resolution monitors.
Free security camera system software
Camius security systems go beyond the HDMI monitor and smartphone app. The free DVR software can turn any desktop, laptop, PC, or Mac into a 24/7 surveillance station. Users can monitor live video and audio streams in addition to playback and manage cameras with access to device settings. This software is excellent for multiple installations as it combines cameras connected to a Camius DVR and individual Camius cameras on one screen. In addition, the software can display Up to 128 cameras on the same screen and manage multiple devices from different locations.
Camius View App
The Smartphone Security Camera App Camius View offers complete access to your cameras from any location. The mobile app is available on iOS and Android App stores and is ready to link to your security cameras. You can use your smartphone security camera App to view and playback any Camius security camera; 1-way is supported along with 2-way audio available for supported Camius IP cameras. Click here to see the range of Camius IP cameras, which you can add to your hybrid DVR (XVR) system.
For the DVR security system’s detailed information and specifications, visit the following links
What’s in the box:
- 8 Channel DVR 3TB HDD
- 4K analog bullet camera (4)
- DVR power supply, HDMI cable, Ethernet cable, USB mouse, Security Camera System Installation Guide, Tech support info, Security camera sign
- Note: This DVR bundle doesn’t include cables or power supply; you can purchase them separately