The latest Hybrid 4K DVR recorder is the perfect upgrade if you still have existing coaxial cables and power sources and even analog cameras of various kinds like CVI, TVI, AHD, or CVBS. In addition, it works with IP cameras too. Audio processing and Intelligent Detection are also supported as remote app access and management. Camius Security DVR works with 8 (eight) analog and 4 IP security cameras. It allows viewing and recording of up to 12 HD (high definition) security cameras. The security 8 (eight) channel DVR supports H.264 and H.265 video and G711a audio compression.
Hybrid DVR recorder
- The security DVR recorder accepts 8 Analog Video Channels (BNC) + 4 Channel IP (over the network)
- Add up to 12 IP channels if no analog video inputs are in use
- Works in various modes as a security DVR or hybrid XVR (allowing to add not only analog but IP channels to the recorder as a network video recorder)
Compatible Security Cameras
- AUTO (960H, CVI), AHD, TVI Analog security cameras up to 8-Megapixels. Click here to view Camius analog security cameras; the latest camera comes with a built-in microphone
- We recommend Camius IP cameras up to 8MP for full features and functionality; 3rd party camera support may be limited. Camius recorders are optimized for Camus IP cameras.
You can control analog camera image color settings, including brightness, contrast, and saturation from the DVR interface.
For 4K video, 2-way audio, and deterrence features, we recommend adding Camius Spotlight 4K PoE cameras with Intelligent and AI detection.
Storage & Compression
It fits one internal SATA 3.5″ Hard drive up to 10TB. S.M.A.R.T. feature gives a complete evaluation of your DVR recorder’s hard drive disk, displaying any errors. You can also add network-attached storage (NAS) using the ‘NetHDD’ feature.
4K Live View
Camius 4K 8 Channel DVR comes with 3 video outputs to add a monitor/TV for live view
- 1 x HDMI output which supports 4K video 3840×2160
- 1 x VGA output that supports 1080P video (1920×1080)
- 1 x CVBS (or BNC) for Spot-out monitor to call out certain camera
While you are in ‘Wizard Setup’ mode, choose an output resolution that matches your monitor. The DVR should adjust the output resolution automatically to match the best resolution of your monitor at the system startup.
Please note that some legacy monitors could fail to communicate their acceptable resolution, in which case, please plug the DVR into a newer monitor and change the resolution manually to the lowest setting, then save and plug the older monitor back to see if it’s supported.
After completing the Start Wizard, you can adjust the Display Output Resolution further using the following Menu Path: Setup – System – General – Output Configuration.
Select the output resolution suitable for your TV/Monitor. 1080P(1920 x 1080) will suit most monitors. If your DVR supports 4K output resolution, you can select either 2K (2560 x 1440) or 4K (3840 x 2160) to take advantage of the higher resolution that your 4K TV provides.
You can also adjust the size & position of the display screen to match your monitor/TV by using the ‘Scale and Offset’ feature; click the tab ‘Setup’, which allows you to:
Scale is to adjust the size of the displayed screen by scale.
X Offset is to move the displayed screen to the left or right.
Y Offset is to move the displayed screen up or down.
Click once or long-press the left button of your mouse on the arrow to adjust the size and position, or you can scroll the supplied USB mouse’s wheel to adjust. Click the right button of your mouse to exit, and click Apply to save your modifications.
Security DVR with Audio, Alarm & RS485 Ports
The DVR recorder has 8 (eight) wired audio inputs and 1 Output (RCA). Also, the recorder comes with 8 wired alarm inputs and one output in addition to the RS485 port.
About the Network Settings of the DVR
The DVR recorder supports multiple network protocols, including DHCP, PPPoE, UPNP, RTSP, etc. You can use a built-in P2P code to access the DVR remotely to enable on-demand. You can also use DDNS port forwarding the remote monitoring purpose.
Hybrid Security Camera DVR with Intelligent Video Analysis
Camius security DVR offers Intelligent Detection using innovative analysis. This goes beyond video motion Detection as it allows the user to create zones to detect movement patterns, location, etc. Intelligent Detection will trigger Push notifications in addition to video recording in a particular color and tag. All Camius IP cameras are compatible with this DVR. Camius BoltVM5, GuardMA, SPOT8S, SPOT8R, Spot828A, SPOT828A-R, Scout20PTZ, and IRIS8R offer Intelligent detection with analytics. Sound Detection works with 5 Megapixel PoE cameras (BoltX5PA, BoltX5R, IRIS5R).
Hybrid DVR Security Recorder with the Video Management Software and Remote Apps
Monitor your Camius Security System DVR remotely from anywhere globally using a built-in P2P service or static IP /DDNS with port forwarding. View and control your Camius system with a free video management software designed for PC and Mac users and the Camius View phone app for iOS and Android devices
On how to add the 4K DVR to your smartphone app, click here
For the security system DVR technical specifications:
- Click here for the 8 Channel DVR recorder’s technical specifications
General information about the Camius 8 Channel DVR:
- Included power supply 12VDC / 2A (we recommend using Camius DVR’s original power supply for full functionality and safety)
- Dimensions 12 x 9 x 2” / 300 x 227 x 53mm
- Net Weight: 2.5lb (with hard drive) / Gross weight: 4.3lb (with packaging)
- Order model # Camius Trivault4K184R 3TB HDD
- DVR security recorder is sold without any cameras