Why can’t I access my Camius IP cameras, DVR, and NVR on my Camius View app?
If you can not access your Camius IP cameras, DVR (digital video recorder), or NVR (network video recorder) on the Camius View smartphone app, please check the below:
1 – Check if you are using the latest version of the Camius View app
On the App’s ‘Devices‘ page, make sure your recorder is added using P2P (ID) instead of IP (IP Address), and if in doubt, delete it and add it again.
In the Media Port, make sure to enter the right port number:
- Use port 80 for R-series recorders and IP cameras
- Port 9000 for the non-R series is required
2 – Make sure you’re connected to a reliable network on your phone
3 – Check if your Camius IP camera or recorder is connected correctly to the LAN (Local network).
- Camius devices are picked up by the Camius Device Search Tool, Camius View app, and VMS software.
- Go through the following steps to make sure your Camius device (IP camera, DVR or NVR) is connected to the network: Camius Device and PC you are using must have the same first three segments of the IP address
- Install the Camius device config tool to search for any Camius device
- Here is the link to download and install the Device Search Tool for Windows PC or Mac computer).
- Once you are running the tool, search for Camius devices, and if the device is online (connected to your network), it will appear like in the following picture.
4 – Check for the IP address conflict
- Connect your Camius device in a simple setup, ensuring your network cables are not defective and eliminate any in-between devices that might be causing IP address conflict.
- A simple setup could have just a DVR with the network cable connected to the network switch or router and a PC connected via network cable to the same router while all sharing the same IP base e.g., 192.168.1.x
5 – Reset the Network settings of your Camius device.
Navigate to Setup >> System >> Maintenance >> Load Default >> check the Network box and Apply
Camius Trivault DVR (local interface via HDMI)
Camius IP camera (web browser view)
6 – Check the Camius device network status
Navigate to Setup >> System >> Information and check the Network Status if it shows ‘Connect success’.
If the above steps don’t help, submit a support request and include the device model number and the current ’Firmware/Software Version,’ which can be found using the Camius Device Config Tool